Often times, we walk away from meetings or events absolutely fired up about the things we learned. Our minds run wild with ideas of how it could work in our organization. But then you get back to your dealership and you’re getting ready for boat shows, or you get caught up in a big sale, or the toilets aren’t working, and before you know it, it’s March and you haven’t done the things that you were excited to implement.
Here are some suggestions to ensure you make positive change in your dealership in the new year:
1. Watch this follow-up webinar. David Spader hosted a free follow-up webinar on the topic of “How to Implement Change.” With more scheduled throughout the year, including a few LIVE on Facebook, take advantage of these additional educational opportunities!
2. Reference your Float Plan. We designed the Float Plan to not only be a place to take notes during the conference, but as a resource after the conference.
3. Re-take the courses. All the 2019 Dealer Week sessions will be made available on MRAATraining.com soon. Re-watching can re-inspire, give you even more ideas, and make it easier to implement and create buy-in.
4. Grab an accountability partner. Whether it’s a co-worker or someone here at the MRAA, ask them to check in once a month on the goals and ideas you had from Dealer Week. Bonus if it’s a colleague with similar goals!
5. Ask for help. The conference isn’t the only thing we do here at the MRAA. We have an entire Resource Center and online learning system called MRAATraining.com dedicated to tackling pain points in your business.
6. Use your resources. Not only do you have the MRAA on your team, but you’ve got a grand list of educators that attended Dealer Week who are more than happy to continue to coach you. Check your Float Plan for their contact information! And all of the PowerPoint slides and handouts can be found at dealerweek.com/downloads.
7. Reward yourself. Even if it’s setting aside 15 minutes on your calendar to go over your notes from Dealer Week and work toward a goal, celebrate your victories! Spending time working ON your business rather than IN your business is hard work, so give yourself some credit.
You can do it! We believe in you. Reach out to us if you have questions. 763-305-8043.